This class is open to all skill levels and touches on many basic techniques used in bead making. Students will learn how to safely operate different types of torches and use a variety of tools to manipulate molten glass. In this class we will create many solid and blown glass beads as well as blown ornaments. This class is great for beginners interested in testing the waters. . We will also experiment with many forms of glass such as, frit, and striking colors.
- 6 hours of studio time including lecture
- Raw materials-clear and colored glass, tubing, and frits
- Information and resources packet
- Use of torches, kiln, oxygen, propane, ventilation, tools and studio space
- Each student will have their own work station to use during the teaching and studio session